Serves : 2
1. 2 white bread slices (sides removed)
2. 1/2 L Milk
3. 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
4. 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
5. Few strands of saffron (dissolved in 1 tbsp lukewarm milk)
6. Mixed nuts ( almonds,cashew nuts, raisins and pistachios)
7. Pure Ghee (clarified butter)
8. 1/2 cup water
9. Juice of half lime
1. In a pan, add 1/2 cup sugar ,1/2 cup water and lemon juice, cook till it thickens. Once done, switch off the flame and keep the sugar syrup aside.
2. In a heavy bottom vessel, add milk and cook on low flame till it reduces and comes to thick rabri consistency.
3. Once the milk is reduced, add 2 tbsp (or according to taste) sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk and cook further for 5-10 mins and switch off the flame.
4. In a pan, heat ghee or clarified butter and roast the bread slices in it till golden and crispy on both sides.
5. In the same pan, roast the mixed nuts, add some more ghee if required. ( Be generous while using ghee, trust me its worth it!)
6. Dip the roasted bread slices in sugar syrup, take them out and arrange on the serving plate.
7. Sprinkle some roasted nuts on the bread slices.
8. Pour the hot rabri over the bread slices and garnish with some more nuts.
9. Serve hot